How-To watch each session:
- Click – Watch Replay
- Enter your email address
3.Click on the replay link
4. Choose session “Expanding Your Network & Increasing Access”
RESOLVE continues the virtual event series created to provide a platform and open dialogue discussion space for the local Baton Rouge and South Louisiana community to create Equity in Entrepreneurship. This event will also allow opportunities for entrepreneurs to learn from each other and network with experienced BIPOC founders and executives during the COVID-19 pandemic.
From NexusLA, the Louisiana-based Nonprofit that brought you Resiliency comes a new virtual event series: Resolve.
We have seen firsthand that entrepreneurs are naturally imbued with a unique ability to be Resilient in dark and difficult times. But the will of entrepreneurs doesn’t stop there. In times of turmoil, entrepreneurs exhibit great Resolve, a firm determination to do something. Entrepreneurs are not content to just weather the storm – they have an innate need to meet the storm head-on, creating new, innovative solutions for the betterment of society.
RESOLVE Part II Sessions:
Tuesday, September 22nd – Access to Capital
This session is designed to connect entrepreneurs to information, investment opportunities, and sources of capital while learning from business experts and thought leaders with a wide breadth of knowledge on funding small businesses, particularly addressing the current gap in funding for Entrepreneurs of Color.
- Aaron Walker, Founder/CEO of Camelback Ventures
- Bill Ellison,CEO of Innovation Catalyst
- Charles Hudson,Managing Partner at Precursor Ventures
- Sevetri Wilson,Founder/CEO of Resilia
- Theodore Williams III, Investor Relations at Cadre
Wednesday, September 23rd – Expanding your Network
This session will be all about how to make valuable industry connections and propel yourself to a seat at the table you want to be at. This group of people has a long history with getting doors to be opened for them – and kicking down a few doors, too. Don’t miss their insider take on one of the most important parts of running a business.
- Caroline Mays, Contracts Administration Supervisor at ExxonMobil
- Calvin Mills, Founder/CEO of SLT Technology Inc.
- Courtney Scott, Asst CAO at City-Parish of East Baton Rouge
- Kasra Khalili, CEO & Co-founder of Mintor, Chapter Director for Startup Grind
- Nenette Gray, Founder/CEO of Lemonade Creative Marketing
Thursday, September 24th – What’s Next: Equity in Entrepreneurship
Our last session will feature a discussion on how the Louisiana entrepreneurial community can move toward a more inclusive and equitable ecosystem. You’ll hear from and interact with experts on their experiences with promoting equity as entrepreneurs, and their thoughts on what it will take for all of us as a whole to follow suit.
- David Facey, Founder of Sellswipe
- Fay Horwitz, President of Forward Cities
- Jerry W. Jones Jr., Executive Director of IMPACT North Baton Rouge
- Kenyatta Sparks, Program Manager at SJB Group
- Wendy Overton, Director of Strategy and Development at NexusLA